Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Self Expression is the Texture of Life"



                                                         Sold to Private Collector
                                     Le Mariage Shibori Silk Kimono in Sonar Azul
                                       with contrasting Lapis Neckband and Cuffs




Greetings, Everyone!

Welcome to my "day to day" art and creative expression blog.  It has been a long time in the making, but I am so happy that I have finally gotten started.  Okay, first things first.  My name is Cassandra Pia Shepard, and I am an artist first, last and always.  It's very much like "once bitten".  But, more accurately described, I would say, "Once smitten...forever written"!  Hmmm.  I like that.  Forever and ever, amen.

So, what I hope to express here on my blog (through my paintings, free form fiber arts, shibori and jewelry design)  is my "individual and personal self expression" of the colors, moods and textures of life that I experience while bringing my art pieces to fruition.  I don't imagine it will always be an easy thing to do..."expressing in words what I feel or think, as I create".  But, where I falter in verbal expression, perhaps, the artwork itself will speak to you in volumes.  Shhh!  Did you hear that?  I can almost "hear the textures" now.



Artist's Private Collection
"Chrysanthemums and Cranes" Wedding Uchikaki
Handpainted with Gutta Resist and Shibori techniques


I, also, welcome you to visit me in my art studio at Spanish Village Art Center, Studio 32, located at 1770 Village Place, San Diego, California in beautiful and picturesque Balboa Park.  Drop by any day of the week between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.  I, or my talented studio partner, Judy Starr (metal smith and jeweller par excellence) will be there to greet you.  A visit to Studio 32 is truly an experience in "texture, color and brilliance" as all of our patrons tell us.  From original drawings and paintings to fabulous fiber art and textiles to exquisite and unique jewelry design, Judy and I have, as they say, "got it covered".   It's "all in there"!  We welcome you to visit, and "Express the Elemental in You".  You'll see what I mean when you get there.  It's high time to stop by and "Texture Up" your self expression!



All images, text and content copyrighted, 2010, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...